Effective 15th June 2023
Your privacy is extremely important to us. At South Wales Sports Grounds (SWSG) we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
SWSG design, build and maintain sports surfaces. We value your privacy greatly and are committed to protecting your personal data.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect this information from three sources: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us (Direct & Indirect Data)
- When making direct contact with us or when visiting our site via the contact form, you may voluntarily provide us with certain information. This may include your contact information, name, address and other information. This information is all passed to us as a direct action by you. Your information will never be passed to a third party without mutual written or verbal consent.
- Occasionally we might be passed your data by a third party as a referred enquiry and only then would we use this information to contact you.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Log information: We collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How and Why We Use Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services. To ensure our services are delivered effectively we store your information on our database and use it to work with you in the delivery of services requested.
- To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback, share tips for getting the most out of our service, or keep you up to date on your project progress, and other information about SWSG.
If at any time you would prefer not to be contacted by us, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will never share or sell your information with third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
Protecting Your Information
We work very hard to protect your information against unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
What are your rights in relation to the personal data we hold?
We will use your information for the purposes listed below either on the basis of:
- The right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified information that we hold about you which is out of date or incorrect, or the right to have your information completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to have your personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
If you request that we delete your personal data, we will do this, (providing that there is no other legal reason why we may need to retain your personal data). We may, however, need to retain enough relevant information to record our compliance with a deletion request.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to restrict the processing of personal data in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data (or request that we transfer this to another service provider) in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format for your own purposes. This only applies to personal data you have provided to us yourself and where we rely on your consent or a contractual requirement to process such personal data.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to: processing of your personal data which is based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest; direct marketing; and processing for purposes of historical research and statistics.
If you object to us processing your personal data we will stop doing so, unless we have another lawful basis (such as compelling legitimate grounds) to continue the processing. We will, however, need to retain enough information to record and to keep complying with your objection.
- The right to withdraw consent: On the rare occasions that we are required to process special category data we will obtain your consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with the relevant supervisory authority in your country of work or residence. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their website is https://ico.org.uk/
Controlling Your Information
You may change your mind at any time and request that we stop using your personal information. You can do this by contacting SWSG:
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Writing to us at Summerleaze Acres, Pill Street, Magor, Monmouthshire NP26 3DE
- Calling +44 (0) 1633 880493